How To: Ombre Nails
This is a quick and simple tutorial I made on how to do these cute ombre styled nails. Each nail can take less than two minutes so it's so helpful if you're in a rush to go somewhere but also want to do something fancy and different with your nails.
This style is also extremely easy and can be very good for beginners and those who want to experiment with different styles,
What You'll Need:
- Clear Nail Polish
- Nail File
- Square Makeup Sponge (come in packages of around 10 for about £2)
- 2 Or More Nail Polishes of Your Choice
-Nail Polish remover/PVA glue
Steps:1) Before doing anything, use nail scissors to cut and shape your nails and file them down to an appropriate size, make sure that each nail is even in length before starting to paint.
2) Polish over the nails with a clear nail varnish like shown in the video. This helps to give your nails a natural shine and helps to protect them from any damage which might be caused by harmful chemicals in certain nail polishes.
3) Select a minimum of 2 coloured nail polishes and swotch down stripes of each colour, slightly over lapping one another on the square part of the makeup sponge. Dab any excess nail polish off of the sponge onto some kitchen or loo roll.
4) Starting with the lightest colour at the tip of the nail and the darkest at the bottom, start lightly dabbing the sponge on your nail, like so in the video above. This will form an ombre style on the nail.
5) Use a Q tip and dip the cotton ends in nail polish remover and carefully remove any excess polish around your nail and on your finger. Another way of doing this, which was not shown in the video, is to put PVA glue around your finger nail before painting them, after its dried then you can begin the process, when you've completed this look, you can easily peel off the PVA glue and the rest of the polish will come off with it!
6) Last but not least, put on another coat of clear nail polish. This seals in the polish and creates a shiny and beautiful finish to the look!
I hope this post is helpful for any beginners or anyone looking to try something new! Let me know how this helped you in the comments and if it helped you to achieve ombre nails :)